Receptions and parties can be held in many of our prestigious buildings which are made exclusively yours for the day or evening, from the historic and imposing oak-panelled Great Hall accommodating an audience of up to 400, the historic Laxton Long Room which is ideal for smaller, more intimate gatherings, to the Common Room which offers a more relaxed and informal venue with adjacent lawn.
The Great Hall with Arthur Marshall and Cecil Lewis Rooms was built in the early 1900s. The Great Hall with its two reception rooms are a landmark in the town and a popular venue for weddings, conferences, concerts, banquets, balls and lectures. The Great Hall can seat up to 250 people with a further 150 in the gallery. Suitable seating arrangements for dining can also be facilitated at round or long tables. Audio visual equipment can be made available upon request.
The Common Room has an attractive room with its own bar area, opening out on to a paved patio and private garden. The Common Room is ideal for smaller functions and weddings seating upto 80. There is also a private dining room seating up to 50 people.
Laxton Cloisters and Long Room this is one of the oldest buildings in Oundle on the site of the Guild Hall attended by Oundle Schools founder Sir William Laxton over 450 years ago. The Cloisters provides a unique meeting and reception area and the Long Room is used for concerts, lectures and smaller events seating upto 80.
The Cloisters offer a secluded and shetered Italianate venue for summer receptions in the centre of Oundle town.
The School’s grounds provide perfect settings in which to erect marquees for summer wedding receptions, balls and family gatherings. Events can be situated close to indoor facilities, while benefiting from the lovely atmosphere and photo opportunities offered within the School’s grounds.
This attractive building was opened in 1918 and is dedicated to the exhibition of Art with a reception area and Gallery. Major restoration work was undertaken in 2013. The interior was stripped to reveal the original oak panels which were cleaned and lightened. The display area was redesigned on the ground floor and the gallery upstairs was opened up to provide further exhibition space. It is now one of the most attractive galleries in East Anglia. The space is adaptable and suitable for activities such as poetry readings, plays and small concerts as well as exhibitions. The Gallery has also been used for informal receptions & celebrations.
The Chapel of St Anthony, consecrated in 1923, was built as a memorial to the Schools fallen of the First World War. It contains some of the most important and influential stained glass in the country. The School Chapel is also home to the renowned Frobenius pipe organ. The Chapel offers a contemplative and inspirational venue for music, and is available to past pupils and staff for weddings and christenings.
Clients are free to make all their own arrangements for their special event, or the School Enterprises team are happy to recommend local suppliers who are experts in their fields.Contact Us