We are currently seeking a Plumber be responsible for the general day-to-day plumbing works around the school’s buildings.
The Buildings Department is responsible for the maintenance and development of all the School’s wide range of properties throughout the historic town of Oundle, this includes boarding houses, teaching areas, sports, music and drama facilities, administration areas, and staff accommodation. The portfolio is hugely varied, from buildings with listed status to state-of-the-art, and everything in between. This makes it a challenging but also very interesting and rewarding environment to work in.
Although part of a team lone working will be required, and you will often need to work on your own initiative. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Act as first response for heating and hot water breakdowns
• Carry out minor works and works in connection with building refurbishments, and alterations to new and existing installations.
• Adhere to all current health and safety legislation, as well as the schools own policies and procedures.
• Read and interpret drawings and specifications.
• Organise and programme own daily workloads, including the preparation of parts and materials for ordering.
• Work in areas at heights, in confined plant rooms and areas where access is restricted, and work indoors or out at any time of year
In addition to your plumbing and heating qualification, you will have proven recent experience of working in plumbing and heating to ACS pass level for domestic gas works. You must have a valid driving licence with no more than six points.
Hours of work are 08:15 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. Breaks at 10:15 – 10:35 (paid) and 13:15-14:00 (unpaid). 40 hours per week. In addition to your normal hours of work, you are required to participate in an on-call rota to respond to any requests for assistance. This may include attendance on-site to respond to a particular situation.
Salary £28,891 per annum.
Please complete and return an application form as soon as possible, and we will then be in touch with the next steps.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.