At the heart of Laundimer House is a fine Victorian town house, once the residence of Robert (later Baron) Vernon Smith, who was MP for Northampstonshire in the mid-nineteenth century. The House stands on North Street in the town centre and a short walk to most of the School's teaching areas. To the rear, the House enjoys its own enclosed garden, with a football pitch and tennis court. Since its original acquisition by the School in 1916, Laundimer House has been altered and extended greatly.
Mr Hammond-Chambers arrived at Oundle over ten years ago, and ran the Geography Department for three years. He is married and has three children. He coaches cricket, rugby and cross-country running, and also runs the School’s Scottish Reeling Society. His interests include sport, travel and the outdoors.
In addition to the Housemaster, the House has a team of eight tutors: Mrs Bull (Design, Engineering and Technology); Mr Hine (Head of Government & Politics); Mr Morrison (Classics); Mr Peverley (Head of Chemistry); Mr Pitcher (Deputy Housemaster; Geography); Ms O'Brien (Educational Support); Mr Thomas (Director of Music).
Mr J Hammond Chambers
+44 (0)1832 277236
Mrs F Greaves
+44 (0)7885 406155