Kirkeby was built in 1990 to accommodate Oundle's first girl boarders. The House takes its name from Joan Kirkeby, the wife of Sir William Laxton who endowed and refounded the School in 1556. It is situated on Pavilion Drive, surrounded by playing fields, and linked to Wyatt House and the Health Centre. The accommodation includes studies and dormitories for the Third and Fourth Forms and bedsits for the senior year groups. There are also a number of spacious common areas.
Mrs Banerjee has a first class degree from Loughborough University and MEd from the University of Cambridge. Her contribution to the School over ten years has already been considerable as Head of Geography, Head of Girls’ Games, and Deputy Housemistress of Dryden House. Her husband has taught Psychology and Maths and has been a Deputy Housemaster at the School. They have two children.
The House is assisted by a team of Tutors: Miss Brown (Chemistry), Miss Dent (Art), Miss Dorman (Chemistry), Miss Ford (Modern Languages), Miss Hignett (Deputy Housemistress; Modern Languages) Mr Oddie (Head of Art), Mr Raudnitz (English); Mrs Talbot (English) and Mrs Turner (Geography).
Mrs J L L Banerjee
+44 (0)1832 277230
Ms C Hudson
+44 (0) 7885 406190