Bramston House is a Queen Anne town house built by Stephen Bramston, a lawyer, in 1701. It was purchased by the School in 1916 and later extended by the purchase of Pettit's and Moore's shops.
It is situated in the heart of the Market Place, close to the academic centre of the School. A feature of the House is the fine garden area which includes a tennis court, as well as a substantial paddock with rugby posts, football goals and a new Astroturf cricket net.
Mr Sherwin is married with two young boys. He has taught English at Oundle since 2003, having previously worked as a lawyer in the City. He coaches hockey and golf. His interests include tennis, walking and the theatre.
In September 2018 Mr Sherwin will be stepping down as Housemaster to take on the role of Deputy Head Co-curricular. He will be succeeded by Mr Liston, who has taught Classics at Oundle since 2011, and was Deputy Housemaster in Laundimer for four years. Mr Liston is an accomplished musician and sportsman, and is married with one child.
In addition to the Housemaster the House has a team of eight tutors: Mr Aubury (Classics); Mr Bezerra (Science Fellow); Mr Blessett (Maths); Mr Butterworth, Deputy Housemaster (Head of Economics); Mr Ireson (Head of Exams; Economics and Maths); Miss Jones (Director of The Stahl); Mr King (Senior Master, Biology); Mr Vincent (Design Technology).
Mr A J Sherwin
+44 (0)1832 277320
Oundle PE8 4BJ